Wednesday, September 9, 2015

End of Outdoor Season 2015

It's coming to the end of outdoor season 2015 and I have a state shoot on the 12th & 13th. I feel pretty good about this season, I got to make some new friends, and have fun with friends and family at the tournaments. Pretty much all my tournaments this year I placed 2nd and 3rd. At Outdoor Nationals (hosted in Decatur, AL) I got 5th place over all and got 2nd in Team Rounds. My 2 team members and I were tied with the other team for the gold medal and we had to have an 1 arrow shoot off. Our team got nervous but we threw some good arrows, but not as good a the other team; they won.

Things I am happy about this outdoor season is....
  • I made new friends that have the same interests as I do. (Archery)
  • My score this year for Outdoor Nationals would have won last years Outdoor Nationals. (100+)
  • I am more focused on archery and have set goals for the future.
  • I have tons of people to help and support my archery commitment.
  • I have shot my highest score EVER this year in the outdoor season.

Things I am not happy about this outdoor season is....
  • I took over a 1 week break after outdoor nations and messed up my form and shot sequence.
  • I have been slacking on my daily arrows that I need to shoot.
  • I have made words to help me remember how my shot sequence works and I always forget what the words are.
Over-all I think this outdoor season has been my best season and I hope to improve my shots and scores and reach some of my goals for indoor season. (Still to make) I hope everyone will follow me through my journey through indoor season!

9 comments:

  1. You are awesome and I will always cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, congratulations on a great season and launching your blog! You should be extremely proud of yourself. My daughter is an equestrian and trains all of the time, and I remind her--it's also OK to take a break once in awhile. Sometimes, you need to take a week off and relax, too--you'll get back in the swing of things again. Looking forward to hearing how your blogging and archery progress! Good luck! ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been following and cheering on your progress from Western NY State, where I live, since you first started competing. To be honest, I have always felt like I knew you a bit --when I was small I had a collie for a best friend, and well…there's the fact that your mom knew to spell your name the right way. :) I am eager to follow your progress as a blogger, and please don't beat yourself up for taking some time off. It's ok to do that, and the fact that you have improved since last year -- and that you have goals for next--makes me very proud of you. Best wishes and good luck ~Meredith (my mom knew how to spell the name right, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Meredith! Very proud of all your success! Just remember, attitude determines altitude! Not sure what that means, come find me at school and I can translate. But hey, if this whole archery thing doesn't pan out, you and mom can always open a food truck that serves tamales!
    Mr. O

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to see you doing the blog! Can't wait to see what you do with it--and I'm also excited to get a Meredith-eye-view of the archery! Huzzah! Keep up the awesome work! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meredith, I've been following the fb postings that your mom has posted of you and your archery over the years.. I'm SO proud of you!!!! My husband, Bob, does archery hunting sometimes and he says your stance and shooting is outstanding!!! I think so too. And way to go having your own blog!! I don't know diddly about having a blog or even how to go about starting one!! I'm looking forward to seeing your blogging progress and to follow you on your road to archery!!! Great work!!! P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do great you will awaits be great at everything u do

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay mrrrideth :) me lik ur blog-funsize AKA huntergrace-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey bff great job on your blog

    ReplyDelete